The objective of the essay competition is to encourage more thoughtful reflection and engagement with the faith and its contemporary significance. To encourage the youth to consider their faith in more depth and evaluate its practical application.
This competition seeks submissions of a essays of between 1,400 to 1,500 words on ONE of the titles below.
We are looking for essays which are well structured, well presented and demonstrate an ability to reason an argument. Essays must also demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of anglican spirituality.
- What does it mean to have Christian hope in the context of the challenges of contemporary Nigeria?
- Do you need to be a Christian to be a good person?
- Why should a Christian of one denomination build relationships with Christians of other denominations?
- Is social media a hindrance to the formation of Christian discipleship amongst youths?
- In what way is the Bible the basis for solutions to the problems in society?
How to Enter:
Open to youths age 17-25 from the Diocese of Lagos Mainland who are imaginative and want to make a difference.
Entrants must be members of Anglican churches in the Diocese of Lagos Mainland
Essays shall not be less than 1,400 words and shall not exceed 1,500 words.
Prizes will be awarded for outstanding essays. Essay judged best will be awarded NGN 100,000. There will be smaller prizes for essays judged 2nd and 3rd by a panel of judges.
Essays can be submitted as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essays will be fully developed, independent works.
Only one essay per person will be accepted.
Each entrant must submit a completed application form with their essay.